error code 80070422Windows RT 8.1
In win8 it can not get the up dates because of that error
Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
With the issue description, I understand that you are getting an error code: 80070422 while installing Windows updates on Windows 8 machine. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed.
This issue might occur due to windows update service not working properly or any incorrect settings. Let’s follow below mentioned steps and check if that helps:
Method 1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Try to run the Windows update troubleshooter, it will detect and resolve the most common issues with the Windows updates. To do so, follow the link below. You may also follow some other common solutions on the same articles.
Try method 2, if the issue persist
Method 2: Restart the Windows Update service
You may follow below mentioned steps to restart the Windows Update Service
1. Press “Windows key + X” and open “Control Panel”. In the search box, type “administrative tools”, and then click “Administrative Tools”.
2. Double-click “Services”. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click the Name column heading to sort the names in reverse order. Find the “Windows Update service”, right-click it, and then click “Properties”.
4. On the “General tab”, next to Startup type, make sure that “Automatic” is selected.
5. Next to Service status, check to see if the service is started. If it is not, click “Start”. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.
AnsweredDownload, install & activate 15/01/2016 0 Comment 126 views