Multiple Windows update fails, SFC scan fail and other install failsWindows RT 8.1
I am trying to update my partner's laptop which has been having issues for a number of months. It is running Windows 8.1 x64 on a Sony Vaio.
- Windows Update is finding files but will not install a number of key updates: KB3061512, KB3173424, KB3118401, KB3172729, KB890830.
- I have tried to install the oldest KB3061512 manually and it does not complete.
- For a long time no updates would install – of late some are, but they are minor – all of the above are security updates which will not install.
- I have tried running SFC scan in safe mode and as administrator and it doesn't work "Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform The Requested Operation". I then followed this advice (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/error-message-windows-resource-protection-could/2e8e994e-08b7-4ccf-859c-685c7bf1614e)
- I tried to fix the DISM Component Store, which it states Error 14089 and that the component store has been corrupted. I then followed this advice (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/error-14098-the-component-store-has-been-corrupted/d05b2ddb-e654-453a-84f1-d7d30029d8f7)
- I have run the Windows Update Diagnostic a number of times (as per:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058), it says it has fixed issues but the issues persist.
- Highlights: Windows update error 0x80073712 (RootCause: RC_DataStore - can't open CheckSurLog.cab); Problems Installing Recent Updates; Service Registration is missing or corrupt.
- I have also tried running it manually and I stopped after the following files where referenced as
- “entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found”: mshtml.dll; shdocvw.dll; browswui.dll.
- “Failed to load”: msxml.dl; gpkcsp.dlll
- When running a separate installation file for a printer and when running some of the Windows updates, the update fails as it states MFC120u.dll is missing from your computer. As per https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/while-trying-to-run-a-program-i-get-a-message-that/570589a4-01c8-4486-b3e1-b767ee7c3e1d – it is in System32 folder. I have updated and repaired Visual C++ 2013 successfully but cannot install 2015 x64 version and the problem persists.
I appreciate quite a list of issues here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
AnsweredUpdate & recovery 09/01/2017 0 Comment 7 views